In today’s time, it is necessary to have an account in the bank because it is needed for many tasks like online payment. Apart from this, many people need another account when they have one account.
To open an account with the State Bank of India (SBI), people have to queue for hours. However, now they will not have to do so. They can easily open their own account in SBI Bank from home by sitting online.
How to open SBI Bank Account Online
- To open your account online through SBI, you will have to go to the Google Play Store and download the Yono SBI App.
- After that, you will get two options ‘New to SBI’ and ‘Existing Customer’. If you already have an account in SBI, select ‘New to SBI’ and if not, select ‘Existing Customer’.
- Then go to ‘Apply Now’ and tap on ‘Next’. Now once again tap on Next.
- Now a new page will open. The mobile number has to be inserted into it.
- If you use an email ID, you can enter the email ID along with the mobile number. Then tap on ‘Next’.
- Now one-time password (OTP) will come on your mobile number. Which has to be filled in the box coming on the screen.
- If the email id is also entered, then OTP will come on it. After entering both OTPs, enter the PAN card number and tap on ‘Next’.
SBI Bank Account Online Documents
- After going to the declaration and tapping on Next you will be asked for ID proof.
- Now select the ID proof you want to give and enter its number.
- Similarly, select address proof. If the ID proof and the address proof are the same, then tick ‘Same Edge’ and tap on ‘Next’.
- Now after adding personal details, create a password and then enter your full address. After this upload a photo of yourself.
SBI Bank Account Online Reference Code
- Now fill in your annual earnings (if any) and how much you have read.
- After this, after filling in other information, fill in the name of the nominee.
- Select banking services like internet banking, debit card, SMS alert etc.
- After doing everything, another OTP will come to your mobile number. Fill it.
You will get a referral code. After 15 days with this code and a copy of address proof, go to the SBI branch and get a debit card.