Finally, the 2020 NBA Draft is released on Wednesday with almost 60 collegiate and international basketball players picked up by respective teams. The biggest show stopper was Anthony Edwards being the first pickup by Minnesota Timberwolves while star player LaMelo Ball was at the number 3 spot and went to Charlotte Hornets.
It was not disappointing to see the final NBA Draft 2020. Timberwolves kept all the rookies in suspense till the final phase before the draft was ready to be put up officially. The wait was worth to know the Anthony Edwards, the Georgia guard was the top pick. It was soon followed by James Wiseman who went to Golden State Warriors and the Hornets picked LaMelo Ball. However, the list followed a chaotic situation and a lot of unexpected events unfurled.
The rookies had a tough time predicting the outcome for the final NBA 2020 Draft. There was a lot of speculation throughout the session. Patrick Williams who is generally seen as a late lottery pick got up to number 4. However, the draft’s most dramatic turn was Haliburton falling down to position 4 and Sacramento tumbled down to 12th rank. Sadddiq had to satisfy himself by finding a spot at 19 while Desmond Bane just stayed in the first-round selection getting picked at last position 30 of round 1.
NBA Draft 2020 Team Order
- Minnesota Timberwolves: Anthony Edwards, Georgia
- Golden State Warriors: James Wiseman, Memphis
- Charlotte Hornets: LaMelo Ball, USA
- Chicago Bulls: Patrick Williams, Florida State
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Isaac Okoro, Auburn
- Atlanta Hawks: Onyeka Okongwu, USC
- Detroit Pistons: Killian Hayes, France
- New York Knicks: Obi Toppin, Dayton
- Washington Wizards: Deni Avdija, Israel
- Phoenix Suns: Jalen Smith, Maryland
- San Antonio Spurs: Devin Vassell, Florida State
- Sacramento Kings: Tyrese Haliburton, Iowa State
- New Orleans Pelicans: Kira Lewis Jr., Alabama
- Boston Celtics (from Grizzlies): Aaron Nesmith, Vanderbilt
- Orlando Magic: Cole Anthony, UNC